How to Install WordPress on your Localhost
- We are going to start with a local WordPress installation; you need to download any one Software (WAMP/XAMMP). The name of the software is WAMP/XAMMP. And you need to also, download Latest release of WordPress(Version 4.8.1). This is the first step for installation of WAMP/XAMMP
- Now you can extract the wordpress.zip. Create a new folder under C:\wamp\www name it as WordPress copy all the files and folders under WordPress folder in C:\wamp\www
- Start WAMP/XAMMP and start all the services by left clicking on it in the taskbar
- Open http://localhost/phpmyadmin.in WAMP server we can directly open PHPMyAdmin panel.
create a new database for your WordPress install.
- Open http://localhost/wordpress and click on create a configuration file
- Click on “Let’s Go” option to move further.
- Now Enter the details as mentioned.
- Database name: Database name you have created (wp_admin)
- Username: root
- Password: Leave it blank
- database host: Localhost
- Database prefix : wp_
- click on Run the install.
- On the next screen add Blog title and Email. Search visibility will not matter here as we are working on the Local environment After the fill the information click the Install WordPress button
- On the next page, you will get the success message that WordPress has been installed. Click “Log in” to continue.
- .Fill the username or Email Address and password
- after the login then we can visit the WordPress dashboard